Donald Trump wants to gut the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) budget, which would give polluters a free pass to poison our air, water, climate and communities. Those most at risk from pollution -- our kids, communities of color, the ill, the elderly -- would suffer the most. On the chopping block are dozens of programs that protect our climate, safeguard our air and water, and clean up toxic pollution.
Parents and families across the political spectrum need the EPA preserved and strengthened, not shredded as Trump has proposed. The good news is that while Trump proposes a budget, it's Congress who sets it. But they’ll be under pressure from polluters to cave to Trump’s plans. Let’s fight for the strong EPA we need to keep our kids healthy and safe.
Sign the petition to tell your representatives in Congress to #SavetheEPA and defend our kids, communities and climate from Trump's toxic budget.
Trump’s EPA budget would cut the agency by nearly a third and would:
- Cut climate & clean energy programs
- Decimate the EPA's ability to monitor our air quality and limit exposure to deadly and toxic pollution, like sulfur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide, leading to more asthma attacks, respiratory disease and other health problems.
- Eliminate programs focused on limiting children’s exposure to lead-based paint
- Eliminate the Energy Star program
- Undermine the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts
- Shut down the office of environmental justice, despite communities of color being hit hardest by pollution.
- These proposed budget cuts hobble the EPA's ability to enforce the nation's laws and safeguards that protect our families, climate, air, land and water, while making it easier for corporate polluters to boost their profits at the expense of our children’s health.
Let’s fight for the strong EPA we need to keep our kids healthy and safe. Please sign the petition!